Don’t let the fact that Jamie always has an honest-to-goodness paper book in his hands fool you: the man is truly wild about the digital world and connecting the people who love to work in it.
Pop over to our London office (or just scroll down) to find out his advice for managers conducting interviews, how he keeps up with the digital world, and mistakes to avoid making on your resume.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? I Am Devloper.
- Best digital event in your city? Front End London is a really cool event for people wanting to keep up with what’s new and exciting in the front end development space and an overall good networking event!
- Describe your city in 5 words. Multicultural, vibrant, big, Tottenham Hotspur.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Make sure you know exactly what you want to get out of the interview. Have questions prepared with a clear plan for the conversation. It sounds basic, but it makes a real difference to the effectiveness of an interview!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Lying. If it says on your resume that you have skills you don't, you're going to get found out. When that happens you'll lose a lot of credibility.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable and BBC Technology News.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Smile and arrive with a positive attitude!
- Next big thing in digital? Contactless card payments, wearable technology, FIFA 14!
- Who is your favorite superhero? Iron Man. He basically carries the Avengers.
- Favorite type or font? I'm rather partial to Wingdings.
- Guilty song pleasure? Classic one hit wonder: OPM’s “Heavn is a Halfpipe”