Senior Level Applicants Only Please
4+ years’ experience in design
TEMP (Up to 6 months) OR Temp-Perm
An Interactive Designer partners with an interdisciplinary team of business, technical, and marketing resources in all phases of project work, including discovery, rapid prototyping, project execution, iteration, and delivery. This role will actively engage with other teams across the organization, working with content experts, programmers, analysts, and our Sales, Research, and Investment teams to produce thoughtful solutions to complex design problems.
Projects include websites, applications, interactive tools and presentations, and animation. Projects require graphic design, user interface design, human factors, systems integration, information architecture, rapid prototyping, and visualization. Many projects will include heavy collaboration with a traditional design team and front-end development team. Projects evolve rapidly, and both flexibility and iteration are expected.
Candidate must have a passion for design; a point of view and the ability to communicate that viewpoint and develop consensus across the team; an ability to read/write/troubleshoot basic HTML and CSS; an ability to use existing HTML email templates; experience building HTML emails from scratch; proficiency in Dreamweaver, Sketch, and Illustrator; an ability to create, resize, and optimize images and graphics for the web; a “pixel-level” attention to detail; and an understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Own creative idea generation and problem-solving for all interactive projects.
- Collaborate across teams to connect client experiences across digital and traditional media.
- Lead discovery sessions, assist in defining product requirements, discover user personas, and interpret user and business goals and priorities.
- Work as part of a team and synthesize direction from both creative and interactive leadership.
- Work closely with creative leadership, development teams, business stakeholders, and other members of the department in the development of a design from start to finish.
- Serve as an expert interactive design consultant within cross-functional project teams and champion design concepts to peers, clients, and senior-level executives.
- Integrate with and maintain style guides, established brand guidelines, and complex brand architectures.
- Create wire frames, site maps, and working prototypes.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure projects are delivered on time and with the highest level of quality, including keeping a schedule, managing relationships, and being proactive and transparent in communicating with stakeholders.
- Set milestones and effectively organize and communicate summaries of project activity to stakeholders in a productive, insightful way.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in information architecture and behavior design
- Ability to read/write/troubleshoot basic HTML and CSS
- Ability to use existing HTML email templates
- Experience building HTML emails from scratch
- Proficient in Dreamweaver, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create, resize, and optimize images and graphics for the web
- Have a “pixel-level” attention to detail
- An understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Experience designing for mobile and tablet devices, social platforms, rich media, and emerging digital technologies
- Experience with current and emerging web technologies, including HTML5, CSS3, and mobile platforms in order to accurately represent them in high-fidelity visualizations for internal clients and
- A strong understanding of web design best practices, usability techniques, and the technical capabilities and limitations of the web
- Hands-on experience with project deliverables, such as discovery findings, heuristic evaluations, information architecture, wireframes, interaction specifications, and user interface guides
- Experience with front-end development and content management systems
- Experience designing for traditional media a plus
- Financial planning, investment industry, or economics experience a plus
- Nice to have: experience using ClickDimensions/Mailchimp/Constant Contact/other email marketing platforms
- Four or more years’ experience in design