Our client are a well-known retail brand that cover food, beauty, fashion and homeware, with offices based in Central London. They are looking for a freelance Senior UI / UX Visual Designer to be involved in everything from conceptualising visual design directions and guiding project teams - then following that approach through to development.
This candidate will have extensive experience in responsive web, particularly in the retail sector, understanding that an interface is the convergence of functionality, content, context, interaction, technology and brand.
This individual must enjoy being a part of a collaborative team, be well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who puts our customers first.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have retail sector experience.
- Be able to translate wireframes, UI specs, and graphical briefs into prototypes or finished designs.
- Have proven track record designing for digital across multiple channels.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces and navigation.
- Technical skills should include strong Creative Suite skills, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch.
- Adhere to established design guides to ensure a consistent look and feel across all channels.
- Be confident in delivery and presentation of relevant project deliverables as required (such as creative briefs, concepts, digital assets, style guides, pattern libraries, CSS etc.)
- Experience working closely with the Information Architect(s) to develop early prototypes to test early ideas with customers, as well as other visual designers.
- Any development skills would be a bonus.
- Deeper understanding of UX and any testing or IA.
Portfolio tips - i.e would like to see case studies of design development in portfolios, including prototypes, wireframes and any other web / product design development.
If you tick these boxes, please send your CV and portfolio through to Jonny at Aquent.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we may only be able to respond if your CV has been shortlisted.