Our client is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the logistics market. The mission is to automate the transportation industry and take logistics from an outdated system reliant on email and phone calls, to a single cross platform application that provides value to shippers, brokers and carriers.
Sr. UX Designer
As a Sr. UX Designer you should be at ease creating a product within a collaborative environment, working with not only internal/external team members, but also customers. You should be experienced in transforming data into solid design deliverables that are developed within a team of UI designers and developers. We expect you to be well practiced working within design sprints, information architecture, interaction modeling, heuristic evaluation,prototyping. You think first from the customer’s perspective and set relentlessly high standards for yourself and your team in developing best-in-class consumer based digital products.
SKILLS AND EXPECTATIONS
• 5+ years of work experience in a UX Design, product architecture, discovery and/or design role.
• A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, Psychology, Anthropology or equivalent work experience in UX architecture / information architecture / graphic design / HCI / visual design / digital design.
• Strong understanding of the design sprint process and all its methodologies.
• Fluency in information architecture and interaction design.
• Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components to the development team.
• Must be able to collaboratively work with our research team to take the information we receive from usability testing, beta testing and overall market feedback, and turn those into actionable design changes.
• Up-to-date knowledge and extensive experience working with design, testing and prototyping software such as but not limited to Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Invision, Zeplin, Flinto, Azure, UXPin, Principle, Abstract, etc.
• Understanding and ability to design for all major device/platform guidelines, i.e. Material Design vs iOS, tablet, resolution standards such as SD, HD UHD, web and responsive web design.
• Strong conceptual and design skills, good understanding of UX design fundamentals including, grids, layouts, cross browser and great attention to detail. Ability to provide creative direction, quickly understand design briefs,deliver creative and innovative concepts, and finish designs of a high standard.
• Lead the UX efforts across the organization.
• Architect our products across all platforms. This includes native iOS and Android, web & tablet.
• Conduct user testing, create IAs, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, prototypes, sitemaps, affinity maps, conceptual diagrams and design documentation to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• Mastery in A/B and tree testing.
• Able to operate in an agile delivery team and display excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills working closely with developers, designers, researchers and strategists.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative research abilities in gathering and synthesizing data in order to improve usability and the overall product.
• Develop high-level prototypes to communicate not only overall user flow but also their detailed interaction behaviors.
• Make informed design recommendations based on our business objectives, user insight and best practice.
• Work closely with UX researchers & designers to translate data, designs and interactions into high fidelity pixel perfect designs, as well as working with developers to make sure the correct user experience is delivered at the end user platform.
• Develop and maintain effective and detailed specifications and design patterns.
• A general understanding of how design impacts development (and vice versa), along with a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible/ prudent.
• Experience designing consumer facing products within the transportation and/or the logistics industry.
• Experience working with a development or QA team to assure product delivery standards.
We want to see examples of your work online. You must provide a link to your portfolio within your application. Applications without examples of work won't be considered. Portfolios that do not include UX deliverables will not be considered. Remember for this position we are looking for someone that understands the process of discovering a great product.
• * This is not a remote job. This is an in-house position. All candidates must be willing and able to work within our office in Los Angeles.
• Stock option plan
• A competitive salary
• Medical reimbursement
• Paid vacation
• On-going investment in your learning and development
• A fun, collaborative, and supportive culture with regular social activities