My client is one of the biggest Global Technology Companies who is looking for a Business Affairs Manager. This is a 6 month contract position, paying up to £82 000/annum PAYE Pro Rata.
The marketing team:
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how our products solve the world's problems - from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only we can - changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements, statements of work, sponsorship agreements, co-marketing agreements, talent engagement agreements, releases and other contracts and legal documents related to Marketing
- Work cross-functionally with our compliance, finance, and other departments to ensure obligations and requirements of Marketing agreements are fully understood and being met, with the organization remaining in compliance with all of its obligations and requirements
- Assess and counsel marketers on legal risk as various issues arise
- Capacity to rapidly adapt to change in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication and influencing skills, and a creative problem solver.
What makes this job unique:
As a Contracts Manager, you are responsible for reviewing, analyzing, drafting and negotiating across a number of agreements: statements of work, license agreements, sponsorship agreements and talent releases. You have a strong sense of how to manage large volumes of work across highly-matrixed, complex organizations. You bring a strong collaborative approach which helps as you negotiate with agencies (creative, research, events, etc.), service providers, content providers and talent management. As the Contracts Manager - The role is highly cross-functional, you will engage with Marketing personnel at all levels, including assisting in training new Marketing team members. Your experience will help us unlock new ways of working and enable us to develop methods of streamlining and improving internal contract workflows and processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience drafting and negotiating commercial and intellectual property-related contracts.
- Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- J.D. or equivalent
- Keen understanding of media and content license language and rights, copyright law, talent rights, trademark law, and personality rights.
- Working knowledge of advertising law
- Experience working across marketing and creative contracts
- Contract Negotiation