Our client is a leading consumer agency who have an exciting opening for a UI Designer (Mid/Snr level) to join their growing team and work on some of the most exciting consumer digital products on out there. You will be joining new and evolving team with lots of opportunity to grow your skills and portfolio on a varied products, projects and clients and lead projects and mentor others on the right brief. .
Working in a newly set up Customer experience/digital products team to work across UX, Design and Motion, Technology & Engineering, Content and Comms, Project Management and Ops. They're looking for a Senior UI Designer who cares about interfaces and visuals that not only look great but work brilliantly too. They want someone looking for their next step in their career and wants to design their best digital output, for some great clients, across experiences and comms, and be a part of this exciting, evolving part team.
To demonstrate your suitability for this role you must have solid commercial Visual/UI experience as well as a strong portfolio of beautiful and well thought out masterpieces that have gone live & that demonstrate your experience creating large-scale digital experiences & interfaces.
You will also:
● Be able to create work to a required specification (atomic design principles, grid structure, template, file size, duration, supported devices, templates, and guidelines etc)
● Work with, collaborating on, and creating design systems.
● Offer valid input, insights and solutions to a creative or technical challenge within your projects. You can workshop, and design think, as well as output.
● Collaborate with the UX and technical teams to incorporate new and emerging technologies, principles and methodologies where needed.
● Try where needed to be efficient with automation tools, streamlining processes and templating.
● Be able to work on multiple projects concurrently, as required, without impacting the quality of the deliverable
● Be able to follow and understand briefs and instructions, highlighting missing information or areas where further clarification is required or possible missed opportunities.
● Keep up to date with current design trends and industry best practice methods.
● Pro-active communication and responsibility on project progress.
● Willing to learn and develop skills suitable to make the best work you can.
● Be a team player interested in supporting and growing more junior members of the team.
● Be ok with regularly working on site at some of our clients offices as required.
Eligible candidate needs to:
● Have a portfolio demonstrating good experience and all round ability in interactive design across a selection of the following: user interface, apps and responsive design - to create beautiful and well thought out masterpieces. As well as digital comms, emails and motion
● Have a strong understanding and passion of both UX and UI.
● Be able to not only UX concepts but as required visualise them in accordance to established O2 design systems.
● Have strong typographic skills, beautiful design aesthetic and an eye for detail within screen design.
● Have a good understanding of motion and micro interaction design.
● Have an excellent working knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Invision DSM, and prototyping.
● Have a healthy proactive interest and understanding in other areas of interaction design like voice, chatbots, and AR.
● Be a good communicator: written, verbal and graphical
● Be self-motivated as well as team orientated, comfortable in workshops and collaboration.
● Have a huge amount of pride and passion for the work that they do
● Have a flexible approach to managing time and multiple projects effectively
● Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
● Have tenacity, positivity and focus to find solutions to problems as they arise
● Have a passion for the web / mobile and anything digital
Essential software skills:
Sketch, invision, principle (prototyping tools), photoshop
● Motion Graphics: Using Adobe After Effects and/or Cinema 4D
● Understanding and/or working knowledge of HTML5/CSS/JS (but isn’t a developer).
Please apply with an up to date CV and detailed portfolio.