Senior Graphic Designer
Must have at least 4 years of design experience
We are partnering with a client who's building a global design team, working on a 5 year digital ecosystem redesign. They are a multi-billion dollar investing firm based out of Austin. Our client is looking for mid-senior level designers who thrive in taking over design projects and being an individual contributor.
Perfect candidates will be great at editorial: structuring brochures and magazine articles in the past. A heavy background advertising is typically NOT a great fit. Applicants should be able to consume very dense information and creatively produce visual solutions that sell an idea and not a product. An elegant, "pixel-level" attention to detail should be apparent in your portfolio.
A graphic designer in the Marketing department takes a lead role in the conceptualization, design and production of corporate collateral including brochures, publications, events materials, presentations, websites and promotional campaigns for print and digital distribution. The designer has experience in data visualization and the ability to create visual narratives from complex content or ideas to be used in print, presentation, video, and social media. He/she must have the ability to work creatively within a corporate brand and a fast-paced environment. The graphic designer plays a key role in the design and production process, which includes managing projects, dealing directly with internal clients and partnering with other members of the creative team.
- Conceptualize and design high-quality print and Web work that aligns with business goals and the needs of our sales teams.
- Collaborate with clients, editorial, and technology to translate data into clear, effective charts, graphs, data visualizations, and animation sequences.
- Work closely with Design Director and other members of the department in the development of a design from start to finish.
- Work collaboratively with editorial team so that copy and design overall work together to communicate subject matter in a clear and understandable way.
- Evolve, enhance and maintain the firm’s identity by working within the corporate brand.
- Master and maintain brand standards and consistency of message and design across materials and media, globally.
- Create press-ready mechanicals.
- Maintain quality control in regards to file preparation.
- Press check print jobs at local printers.
- Art direct photo shoots.
- Serve as client point of contact, routing jobs and iterations to the client at the appropriate stages of the creation process.
- Attend client meetings as needed.
- Regularly track work against defined schedule.
- Ensure internal workflow processes are followed; Keep project managers informed throughout design development cycle.
- Serve as point of contact for external vendors such as photographers and printers.
- Maintain assets and electronic files on a shared server.
- Maintain project organization including keeping accurate project notes and records in internal database.
- Adobe Creative Suite/Adobe AcrobatMust have formal training/experience in conceptualization, sketching, typography, production and prepress skills.
- Familiarity with web design principles and user interface best practices.
- Excellent oral, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work on both a Mac and a PC for a variety of media.
- Ability to synthesize information to develop creative, innovative design solutions for diverse
client base across multiple lines of business.
- Ability to translate and simplify complex data through information graphics, charts and graphs.
- Ability to prioritize independently based on workflow dependencies, competing business initiatives, and time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative solving creative problems, enhancing the brand, and improving operational efficiencies.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from Design Director and Creative Director.
- Ability to multitask and take initiative UI and front-end coding experience, or interest in obtaining skills.
B.F.A. in graphic design or equivalent.
Relevant Years of Experience:
Minimum four years of professional design experience in a fast-paced agency or in-house, creative environment.