UX/Product designer (lead)
Our client is a leading content specialist and are looking for a Product Designer to work in the Digital team. The Product Designer will deliver user interface assets key web products across mobile, desktop and tablet, as well as utilise strong UX principles to ensure that designs perform well. This role has three direct reports, so ability
to delegate tasks and nurture skills is essential.
This role would suit someone who is skilled in taking designs from concept to completion, including idea generation, sketching, prototyping, validation, user testing as well as producing the final high- fidelity designs. The role will include working within brand guidelines, but there will be many opportunities for exploring new design patterns.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing
digital business. You will be working on products that are at the heart of news consumption and a massive driver of growth for the group.
● Production of high-quality assets including but not limited to user interfaces, icons, mockups, landing pages, article templates
● Use prototypes and low-fidelity mockups to communicate ideas in a short amount of time
● Help drive creative direction for on and off site visual language
● Present your designs to internal stakeholders
● Keep up to date with design trends and understanding the influences of modern digital design
● Manage and develop a team of three designers to deliver all design assets within the
● Strong design skills using industry-standard software products: Preferably with experience of Sketch
● Ability to work within brand guidelines and also understanding when to break them
● Knowledge of graphic formats for assets and suitability of each eg. jpg, png, svg
● Effective communication skills
● Excellent problem solving through creative solutions
● Understanding of scope limitations to work within timelines
● Prototyping skills using software such as Marvel, Invision, Principle or others
● Familiarity with existing design frameworks such as Google’s Material Design & Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
● Interaction Design
● Familiar with news and media web design trends
● Knowledge of accessible design principles
● Customer focus - dedicated to finding new ways to delight the customer and drive sales,
committed to increasing customer satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving
customer problems, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
● Results focus - targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability
● Creativity/innovation - generates new ideas, lateral thinking, challenges the status quo, supports change, solves problems creatively
● Problem solving/judgment - recognises problems and responds, systematically gathers
information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, communicates decisions to others.
● Planning - develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others
● Initiative - tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
● Organisational effectiveness - operates within the organisation's formal and informal structures, builds relationships across departments, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multi-level organisation.