Our Technology client is looking for a Senior Level Web UI Designer to join our marketing department’s Brand and Creative team, contributing to the success of their web presence and other public facing web-sites. It’s important that the candidate is able to understand high-level systemic project requirements and apply all the Web/UI/Design/Brand expertise to achieve strategic goals.
A successful Web UI Designer for this role will have a solid combination of experience and education that enables him/her to create and design a unique, visually aesthetic, and functional website. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, with a sense of humor, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast paced environment.
Candidate will be an Integrated part of Brand and Creative Web team, reporting to the Senior Design Manager and working alongside a Web UI Designer.
This roles focus is on interaction design, UI design, Branding, and visual design for public-facing websites, working in coordination with Marketing - not a product design role.
*Onsite, 40 hours per week in SF.*
- Passionate about (responsive) web design , user experience and front end development.
- Innovative thinker bringing new ideas to improve the web presence.
- Lead concept development, design ideation, and detailed specification of visual designs for user interfaces of the future and existing innovations, prototypes and mockups.
- Produce designs prototypes, Responsive UI Design layouts, images and interactive assets that address business, brand and marketing requirements, including design and production of screen layouts.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, timely and efficiently, in a fast paced environment.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user centered design process.
- Collaborate with marketing department, content producers and management to refine the user experience.
- Work closely with web UX, web publishers and web developers to deliver the final product.
- Contribute to style-guide and pattern library.
- Contribute to improving processes, and technology research.
- Assist in front end development when necessary.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, and self-driven, is essential for this role.
- A solid online portfolio
- Must be fluent in Adobe CC, Sketch, and Invision or similar graphics/user interface design software.
- Must have Expert understanding of graphic Design and web design principles.
- Solid and Experienced Eye for good design aesthetics.
- 5+ Years of solid professional experience in a start- up environment, in-house with one of the big name companies in the Bay Area (Salesforce, Google, Apple, Oracle etc.), or with an interactive agency.
- Good listener, ability to listen keenly and adapt ideas, coming up with multiple concepts and clearly articulating the tradeoffs of each concept and getting buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills. Must be able to present and communicate ideas clearly and be open to constructive feedback.
- Successful track record leading high level design projects from start to finish.
- Excellent delivery and execution skills. Must deliver prototypes, final mock-ups in a timely manner and resolve dependencies and conflicts.
- Candidates must able to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team, and be able to rationalize and present their design ideas and decisions effectively.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of web content management systems such as AEM is a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Information
- Design, Digital Media Design or other visual arts is a plus.